3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
The 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari is one of the shortest Africa Safari we offer. This gorilla tour is best suited for a business traveler who only has a weekend to spare or wants to add the gorilla trekking experience on an overland Africa safari from Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and or Zambia.
The Rwanda gorilla safari starts in Kigali, where we’ll pick you up and transfer you to Volcanoes National Park; check you into the luxury and serene Virunga Lodge just outside the gorilla sanctuary for the next two nights. Spend a day in Rwanda’s rainforest jungle, track the mountain gorilla, spend one precious once-in-a-lifetime hour with them and live to tell the tales of the African wilderness.
The trip is tailor-made and can be adjusted in your own style of travel. It includes transfers, meals, accommodation, and activities. We process the gorilla tracking permit on your behalf; that part of the bill is on you ($1500 per person + processing fees).
Due to the uncertainty of travel during these times, you can postpone your trip up to 12 months ahead (considering accommodation availability) and have a minimum of 30 days to cancel.
Detailed 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
DAY 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Arrive in Kigali to meet and greet your Rwanda Gorilla Safari Driver guide. After a short briefing session, drive North of Kigali to Kinigi at the foot of Volcanoes National Park, through Rwanda’s most beautiful countryside, and immerse your imagination in nature’s own tranquility.
Drive time is about 3 hours with excellent drive speed to allow you to enjoy the scenery. Check into the lodge and later enjoy dinner surrounded by the evergreen tropical forest.
DAY 2 : Rwanda Gorilla Tracking in Volcanoes national park
With an early breakfast, drive to the park headquarters for gorilla briefing (45 minutes).
When venturing into this gigantic forest, a packed lunch, comfortable clothes, shoes, and a walking stick is a must before. The time spent gorilla tracking is unpredictable; it varies from 2-8 hours before an encounter with the family of these gentle creatures. The location of each gorilla family depends on temperature, their feeding range, and movement of the previous day with the trackers ahead of your tracking group. Strict guidelines will be issued at the trailhead briefing point; make sure you remember the most important ones.
Visitors are allowed to spend only one hour in the company of a habituated gorilla family. Saver this time, watch and capture the memorable experience as the great apes go about their day-to-day activities—the young ones playing around the old ones, feeding each other, and eating foliage. The sight of these fantastic creatures is the climax of this entire safari. Later retire for an overnight at the lodge.
DAY 3 : Gorilla Guardians village & Return to Kigali
On our 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari, today you explore a bit of culture at the Gorilla guardians Village for a taste of the history and culture of Rwanda. Some of the members of this cultural village are former poachers who depended on the forest for survival, this cultural village contributes heavily to the conservation of the mountain gorillas because they are able to earn from sharing their culture as opposed to poaching.
At Kagera safaris we are committed to include cultural experiences on our itineraries to enable visitors experience the areas they visit more intimately and also have the locals benefit directly from the tourism income.
After this experience to your hotel or the airport.
Alternatively, you can do the city excursion at the beginning of the Rwanda Gorilla Safari before we head into the volcanoes NP.
End of 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial or take a city excursion around Kigali city and experience the African cultures.
- The road drive across Rwanda’s countryside will reveal the most stunning natural setting of this tiny East African country.
- Tracking the mountain gorilla in Volcanoes may appear third on this bullet, but just because we wanted to squeeze the best in here. This is the top highlight of this trip and a bucket-list Africa Safari item.
- After the gorilla trek in Volcanoes National Park, activities around the lodge, like Rwanda cultural tales, music, and dance, will impress your travel lust.
Don’t Forget Your Camera: Bring along a quality camera to record this once-in-a-lifetime encounter.
Binoculars: Having your own pair of binoculars makes game drives and birding in Akagera National Park more pleasurable because you can see the creatures up close.
A sun hat is absolutely necessary to keep you safe from the sun while on a game drive.
- The tour is physically demanding, which means you’ll be hiking moderately steep slopes at altitudes between 2400 and 4507 meters, searching for the mountain giants. There are strict rules to going in these places and meeting the gorillas, and you’ll be escorted by a tracker, rangers, and a guide with a group of seven other trekking travelers.
- The Vehicle that transfers you from and to the gorilla sanctuary can only carry up to 6 people, and there will be strict Covid-19 travel guidelines to keep you and our team protected from the scourge.
- Akagera National Park entry fees
- All activities on the itinerary
- A professional english speaking driver/guide
- Transportation to and within Akagera National game park
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Drinking water(On all days)
- Service of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Exclusive use of 4WD for all days of the Itinerary
- 1 x Gorilla Permit pp (Rwanda)
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance pp
- Park Entrance Fees
- Tourist Entry Visa
- International Flight Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Items of Personal Nature
- Tips and Gratuities